Do you want to be a mentee and…
- Expand your leadership skills for either your workplace or volunteer leadership?
- Receive one-on-one guidance you can custom design to support your professional growth?
- Establish your own goals and take ownership of your learning?
Would you like to share your expertise as a mentor and…
- Provide guidance to those interested in developing their leadership skills?
- Share your insights as a current or past volunteer for ASHA or your state association?
- Support those who want to advance their career in the professions?
Interested? Then apply within the next month to ASHA’s free pilot program! The new Leadership Mentoring Program (LMP) is accepting applications for mentees and mentors until 3 p.m. (ET) on June 21. For consideration as a mentee or mentor, please apply online.
In this six-month mentoring program, mentees and mentors meet virtually at least once per month. The LMP kicks off in September, with an orientation webinar for mentees and two orientation webinars for mentors.
The program-design philosophy focuses on empowering mentee participants and allowing them to take ownership of their learning experience.
Members wishing to be a mentor are strongly encouraged to apply if they have supervision/management experience in the professions, manage a department, run their own private practice, or have experience serving on a committee, board or council for ASHA or a state association.
Members wishing to be a mentee should complete an application outlining their goals for the program and the specific leadership skills they hope to enhance. Mentees are paired with mentors who have expertise that matches the mentees’ goals.
If you have any questions about the program, contact Andrea Falzarano, ASHA’s director of association governance operations, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Haley Jones, volunteer operations manager, email@example.com.
Andrea Falzarano is ASHA’s director of association governance operations. firstname.lastname@example.org.