Earlier this week, ASHA launched a new online community platform for members, ASHA Community. ASHA Community combines the functionality of traditional listservs, discussion forums and the member directory with new features like the ability to build your own network of professional contacts and link to your profiles on public sites like Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter. ASHA Community features granular privacy controls that let you control what information you share, subscription management that allows you to customize the way you prefer to receive updates, and resource libraries where you can share documents, audio and video files with other ASHA members. If you haven’t already checked it out, we encourage you to log in and check it out.
Here are five quick steps to get started:
- Complete your profile. If you have a Linkedin profile, you can easily import some or all information from that profile–including your photo.
- Customize your privacy settings, including your contact preferences.
- Subscribe to ASHA Discussion Groups, customize how you’d like to receive updates, and start posting comments.
- Browse or post content to the community library including documents, videos, and audio files.
- Find an ASHA Community Member to connect with using our online member directory.
If you have any questions, suggestions or need help, you can post a message to ASHA Community Feedback group.
We look forward to featuring discussions and resources from ASHA Community here on ASHAsphere.