At long last, the 2012 ASHA Convention is upon us! If you’re either already in Atlanta or heading there, here are some links to helpful posts by fellow attendees, both past and present:
- Tara Roehl gives instructions on how to create your convention schedule using Google Docs.
- Aubrey Klingensmith has reated an “#ASHA12 Survival Guide” of apps that might come in handy during Convention.
- Ruth Morgan has scoped out Atlanta for gluten-free options and offers some great suggestions for those who can’t just grab a quick bagel or a muffin during Convention.
- While Kristin Mosman unfortunately won’t be attending this year, she has compiled a great list of things she wishes she’d known before attending past ASHA Conventions.
- Ready to finally bite the bullet and learn what all this social media stuff is about, but not sure where to start? Lucky for you there will be many resources at Convention to help. There is an invited session on Thursday at 10:30 am (Session #1003) “A How-To of Social Media: Technologies, Trends and Traps.” I will be attending Convention from Thursday through Saturday and happy to help give hands-on help with the ASHA Community and/or any other social media question you may have. I’ll be splitting my time between the Volunteer Village, the exhibit hall and various events including the ASHA Tweetup on Friday at 5 pm in the Leader Lounge. Finally, the #slpeeps and #audpeeps have paired up with Pediastaff and will be offering many different social media resources including a learning lab, a social media learning center, and several “Tweet & Greet” sessions.
If you aren’t attending this year’s convention, stay tuned to ASHAsphere for updates from the official ASHAsphere Convention bloggers, as well as follow-up posts from other attendees. You can also watch from afar on Twitter by following @ASHAconv and the #asha12 hashtag. And you don’t have to suffer alone–there’s even a hashtag for those who aren’t able to be at Convention: #ashaless!
Maggie McGary is the online community & social media manager at ASHA, and manages ASHAsphere.