Closing in on the end of Better Hearing & Speech Month (BHSM) and it’s been amazing to see all the online buzz focused on hearing and speech! There have been hundreds of tweets, many blog posts, and equally many Facebook posts highlighting facts about BHSM. Here are just a few of the many great posts we noticed from this past week:
- The Childcare Education Institute’s May Newsletter focuses on Linguistic and Auditory Development in honor of BHSM.
- On the Kids Enabled blog, Heidi S. Liefer, MS, MS, CCC-SLP, BRS-S, CLC, explains what it means to be an SLP.
- On the Illuminate blog, Holle Aungst, AuD, shares some signs that your child may have a hearing loss.
- The Sante Pediatric Services blog focuses on the important role SLPs and audiologists play in helping people communicate.
- And of course we at ASHA have been busy this month. A recent press release reminds parents and teachers about the key role SLPs can play in helping students with communication difficulties deal with bullying. We also launched a new campaign this month, Speak Up About Hearing Loss, to encourage older Americans to seek treatment for hearing loss.
Also, congratulations to the 2012 BHSM Drawing Contest winners! The drawing above was the first place winner, done by Aiza Javaid, age 6, from Aldie, Virginia.
Maggie McGary is the online community & social media manager at ASHA, and manages ASHAsphere.